KOLKATA - The Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur Monday welcomed the special budgetary grant of Rs.200 crore ahead of its diamond jubilee, and said the amount will be used for renovation and upgradation of the institution as also in areas like nano science research.
KOLKATA - The Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) plans to utilise the Rs.20 crore special budgetary grant to help students do research in global finance markets and to upgrade its financial research and trading lab.
KOLKATA - The central government has approved the plan to set up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in West Bengal, the state's Information Technology Minister Debesh Das said here Thursday.
KOLKATA - Over 15 leading Australian universities and institutes will participate in an Education Fair Feb 18 to showcase academic programmes, scholarships and career opportunities in that country.
KOLKATA - A city court Monday turned down the appeal of the principal and three other teachers of La Martiniere for Boys School for quashing an earlier order for their trial for allegedly abetting the suicide of class VII student Rouvanjit Rawla.
- After 33 years, it’s ‘homecoming’ for Nepal president
- Students break fast after Mamata’s promise
- Bengal governor calls for action to end campus violence
- State universities need more funds: Ansari
- Is campus violence making a comeback in Bengal?
- Campus violence should stop: Buddhadeb
- On apex court orders, La Martiniere to take back expelled student
- Expelled La Martiniere student yet to be re-admitted
- IIMs want more girls, non-engineering students
- B-Schools syllabi must correspond to Indian challenges: Minister
- ‘Steps taken to protect Indian students in Australia’
- Chinese scientist to get D.Litt from Jadavpur University
- Vocational courses for school students planned
- We need to look beyond students’ fee hike: IIM Calcutta director
- Amita Chattopadhyay first vice chancellor of Presidency University
- Adequate steps to provide hassle-free CAT 2010: Prometric
- School project work should be fun: CBSE chairman
- 60-70 percent drop in Indian students in 2010: Australian envoy
- ICSI Results 2010 Announced Today
- IIM-Calcutta goes green
- Rs.2.31 lakh crore in 3 years for RTE: Pranab
- Corporal Punishment In Schools On Way Out
- Visva Bharati reduces fee hike by 50 percent
- Woman not allowed to teach after burqa refusal
- Student unrest over fee hike hits Visva Bharati
- West Bengal to reserve college, varsity seats for OBCs
- Visva Bharati studies hit as students’ stir continues
- Academic activities stalled in Visva Bharati
- New rules to stop corporal punishment in schools: Buddhadeb
- Ministry seeks information on trio who visited La Martiniere
- Our teachers were most caring, La Martiniere alumni spring to defence
- British institute ties up with Kolkata engineering college
- La Martiniere bans corporal punishment
- I am sorry for caning: La Martiniere principal
- BJP seeks Kolkata principal’s arrest over corporal punishment