LONDON - The British government has drawn up new plans to include "made-up" words such as "koob" or "zort" in a new reading test for six-year-olds - an idea that has brought about criticism from literary experts.
LONDON - A nursery teacher in Britain sprayed air freshener on Asian children who smelt of curry, a disciplinary panel was told.
LONDON - Children in France will be forced to learn the English language from as early as nursery school if President Nicolas Sarkozy gets his way, a media report here said.
LONDON - Young children in Britain as young as four are to be taught about homosexuality in their maths, geography, science and English textbooks.
LONDON - Old-fashioned ways of teaching like reciting times-tables and verb conjugations are better than trendy new teaching methods, say researchers.
- Sulabh founder to address Cambridge University students
- No holidays on Christmas, Easter in EU school diaries
- Students get teacher’s body at first dissection
- Now, pigs teach tiny tots to behave in British school
- Chew gum in class, German school pupils told
- Cambridge University newspaper runs topless photo of pupil
- Scuffles at large British student protest in London
- British kids learn how to hack off thieves’ hands
- British teachers can now frisk students
- Oxford students say they are worst behaved in Britain
- British graduates to remain in debt till mid-50s
- Protesting students storm government offices in London
- Protest in Britain over tution fee hike turns violent
- Student indiscipline rampant in Cambridge
- A teacher who lost her voice awarded 150,000 pounds
- Students indiscipline hits Cambridge University
- British parents bribe kids to read
- Number of jobless graduates in Britain on the rise
- British school bans fountain pens
- Argh, classmates! Pirate Johnny Depp at UK school
- Arr classmates! Pirate Johnny Depp at UK school
- Killed British troops’ kids to get free degree courses
- Bronze age cities built by Aryans discovered
- British college bans veils
- Teacher helps pupils cheat, but gets answers wrong
- Pope praises courage of those who fought the Nazis
- Pope visits UK Catholic schools, urges trust
- Study: Educating women saves millions of kids
- Indian, Chinese students outshine white Britons by age 16
- Famous British school recreated in China
- Maths graduates in India to teach British children
- Using Facebook can lower exam grades
- 15-year-old is youngest Cambridge student in over 200 years
- Author Hawking says God not needed for creation
- Seven-year-old Briton advises government on finances