MIAMI - For the first time in more than a decade, the federal government is funding sex education programs that aren't based solely on abstinence.
ATLANTA - A cheating scandal is roiling Atlanta Public Schools, casting into doubt the work of hundreds of students in at least 12 of the mostly poor, mostly minority district's elementary and middle schools.
LONDON - School test results for 11-year-olds were released Tuesday across England, and one result was certain: A large number of educators and parents consider the tests a waste of time.
LONDON - School tests across England show that 11-year-olds are doing a bit better at mathematics and writing but worse at reading.
An analysis by an education policy think tank finds that the common academic standards many states will be adopting are clearer and more rigorous than those currently used in most states.
- States work together to create new academic tests
- 31 states combine to create new academic tests
- Officials say Indian students need flexibility
- High court turns down No Child Left Behind case
- States to establish uniform standards for teaching
- States establish standards for curriculum, testing
- Philippines tests sex education in public schools
- Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum
- Texas board adopts new primary school curriculum
- Texas board adopts new high school curriculum
- Md. 1st to bar schools releasing tests to military
- Ag. officials pitch nutrition bill at schools
- US Education Department to give $350M to states
- Math, English classes could be standardized
- New national math, English standards drafted
- Report: States team up on new academic standards
- Fire the teachers? When schools fail, it may work
- Obama prods states to raise academic standards
- Obama: US cannot accept second best in education
- Obama enlists governors to raise the education bar
- Obama wants students prepared for college, careers
- Several fall ill at NH school; tests inconclusive
- Texas board debates high school history standards
- Admissions exemptions benefit athletes