FRESNO, Calif. - GOP gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman and Democratic rival Jerry Brown traded barbs over immigration policy and Whitman's illegal immigrant housekeeper during a heated debate that was aimed at California's growing Latino population.
JACKSON, Miss. - A policy intended to achieve racial equality at a north Mississippi school has long meant that only white kids can run for some class offices one year, black kids the next.
Average scores on the ACT college entrance exam inched downward this year, yet slightly more students who took the test proved to be prepared for college, according to a report released Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - English only? With Hispanic enrollment surging in schools, many Spanish-speaking parents are having trouble helping their children with homework or communicating with U.S.
WASHINGTON - Challenging civil rights organizations and teachers' unions that have criticized his education policies, President Barack Obama said Thursday that minority students have the most to gain from overhauling the nation's schools.
- AP-Univision Poll: College dreams for Hispanics
- Ed Dept, civil rights leaders discuss reform
- Immigrant families leave Arizona and tough new law
- Jump in US college enrollment highest in 40 years
- Hispanic college success: It's all in the family
- Report: Few Hispanic high school dropouts earn GED
- Minority student activists protest education cuts
- Arizona gov. signs bill targeting ethnic studies
- Ariz. gov signs bill targeting ethnic studies
- Ariz. lawmakers target ethnic studies program
- Chinese gov't school grant divides SoCal community
- Community colleges like attention, need money
- Reading scores hold steady on nationwide test
- Immigrants heading to Washington to push reforms
- Texas ed board vote reflects far-right influences
- Census campaign targets tech-savvy Hispanic youth
- Univision, feds team up to boost Hispanic ed
- Calif race-based admissions law challenged anew
- US colleges court Hispanic families using espanol
- College 'gender gap' favoring women stops growing